2005 Jeep TJ SE (SOLD)
4 days ago
Research, Events and Random Thoughts
In a time of constrained resources, everyone is trying to do more with less. One area that merits serious study is the use of military cyber operations in support of, or instead of, conventional military operations. While by no means a cheap option, cyber operations offer asymmetric benefits if used sparingly and only against targets of strategic importance.While not a part of the standard order of battle yet, many states are making serious efforts in developing their military cyber capability. In general, they all share the same problems: figuring out the composition and TTP’s of cyber units, finding the best possible people to staff them and integrating the cyber capabilities with the existing toolset of the commander.Topics for this track may include but are not limited to:
- military cyber operations
- tactics, techniques and procedures for cyber operations
- identifying, recruiting, training and retaining cyber operatives
- cyber force structure – unit composition, specialization, location in the command chain, rank mix, etc.
- role of active forces, reserve forces, as well as militias and other volunteer groups.